Thursday, August 4, 2011

Busy Day!

I had a very busy day today! But before I tell you about my day, let me introduce two of my new friends. Freyja (pronounced Fray-yuh) will be 3 years next weekend and she is a compact ball of energy. She has adorable tight red curls and the cutest little laugh/squeal. Scarlett is her younger sister and she is just over 5 months old. She's got fine red fuzz on her head and she is one of the happiest babies I've ever met.

This morning, Freyja and I were dropped off at the park with her buggy (stroller) and some snacks. We played there for about an hour and ate our snacks. We started walking home just in time because about half way home it began to rain on us. The park is only a ten minute walk away so I think we will be visiting quite a bit (weather permitting!).

Shortly after we got home, Wyatt (dad), Freyja, and I went to Run Amuck. It's very similar to Chuck-E-Cheese, just without the games and pizza. I ran around in the play area and went down the giant slide at least a dozen times with Freyja. This girl is going to keep me in shape! We played there for about 2 hours and then came back home, where we played in the backyard and on the trampoline for another hour or so. I swear Freyja never gets tired.

While Freyja may not get tired, Scarlett sure does. Being only a baby, she sleeps most of the day. When I first arrived on Monday, she wouldn't even let me hold her for 5 minutes without crying. Today she let me hold her for quite a while and she even let me rock her to sleep for nap time! We've made a lot of progress in only 4 days.

Oh, and last night Jennifer (mom), Freyja, and I went to a cute little circus. It was in a big tent right on the Irish Coast. There was actually some pretty impressive acrobats and Freyja had a great time. I was also introduced to bangers and mash last night for dinner. It's basically sausage and mashed potatoes served with sauteed onions on top of both. It was very good!

4 comments:

  1. sounds so fun!!

    (this is ashley but it wont let me post with my google account for some reason.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "It's very similar to Chuck-E-Cheese, just without the games and pizza"....Isn't that what Chuck-e-cheese is?!?!?! Pizza and games??? Glad you are having a good time. I am heading out on our 22 mile backpack adventure. Have a good weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like Freyja is going to keep you on your toes! Glad to hear that Scarlett is a happy baby. The nearby park sounds great! Austin and Sarah spent many, many hours at parks when thy were little. Looking forward to reading your next post.

    Aunt Nettie

    ReplyDelete