Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Double Digits

I am at the point where the number of hours until I leave is in the double digits! Just a few short days until I hop on a plane and fly across the world. I am in the middle of trying to pack so this blog will be short, but I thought I should post something since it's been over a month since the last post.

Here's a few things I've been thinking about as my trip approaches...
  • The reality of 8 months is starting to sink in. It's a long time.
  • Narrowing down my life into 2 suitcases, a carry-on, and a backpack is much more challenging than I expected.
  • Skype is wonderful and I am so glad I can use it to keep in touch with everyone while I'm gone.
  • I'm wondering if Ireland has chips and salsa as readily available as we do. (I am praying that they do! And Ashley---if they don't, I'll be expecting a care package from Tadeo's)
  • I cannot wait to meet my "new family." I've seen many photos and exchanged countless emails, I am ready to meet them in person!
  • I'm getting a little nervous, but I know this is where God wants me and that is very comforting.
A few things I know I will miss...
  • Going out for Mexican food with my best friend, then coming home and playing card games for hours on end.
  • Bellingham and all its beauty.
  • Family gatherings, especially Thanksgiving and Christmas.
  • The piles of fleece blankets on my bed in the winter. (I only have room to bring one)
My next post will be coming from Ireland, stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. We are going to miss you Christen! Focus on living the adventure, trying new things, and meeting new people. Spending time out of the country is an amazing experience. You will return a new woman, ready to make the world a better place. Looking forward to hearing about your journey! Lots of love, Mari and Mark

    ReplyDelete